I have noticed a lot of strife and confusion lately regarding washes, specifically Tamiya’s Panel Liner. A wash done incorrectly can completely ruin your topcoat, if not your entire model. Troubleshooting it after the fact can be challenging because you have to know all the specifics of the process in order to analyze it.
What I hope to do here is give you an opportunity to watch me try different things and for us to learn together what works and what doesn’t. The reason we’re doing this live is so that you can see the results in real-time and you can be confident that we’re not hiding anything.
Washes are not black magic although many might argue that point. Hopefully, we’ll all learn something here.
- Tamiya 87131 Panel Line Accent Color (Black)
- Weber 1684 Odorless Turpenoid
- Klean Strip C1194 Paint Thinner
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff/Raw
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff/Pledge 746860 Floor Care Finish(aka Future)
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff/Tamiya X-22 Clear
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff/Tamiya XF-86 Flat Clear
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff/Alclad ALC-310 Klear Kote
- Tamiya XF-57 Buff/Testors 1260 Dullcote (Rattle Can)